Sunday, January 25, 2009

I heart art


So I don't really make resolutions per se (sooooo disappointing when they don't work out, and really, who needs that downer?) but I do try to set goals. My problem comes when I have so many good ones that I am trying to work on all at once. You know, exercise more, eat healthier, do some art every week and post it on the blog, watch less tv and be more productive, knit a pair of socks a month, build up my savings . . . you see where I'm going with this? Whew! All of this to say that I am hoping to create once a week and post once a week because, well, it really makes me happy and seems to provide incredible relief of that stress/steam that builds up in my life with all the "musts" and "shoulds" that take over. I had this board book (some Bob the Builder Gives a Valentine or something) that I had painted the pages. I just kept staring at it thinking I should get back to altered books, but I didn't really know where to start. So finally I just thought of things I like, and well, doing art came up. So here are some scans of I Heart Art.

No comments: