Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday yahoo AB group


Thanks to Corinne, who has generously agreed to host the page swap and put together color copied books for us! A swap deadline always gets my juices going. This page is a book page (three glued together actually for support). Painted with crimson fluid acrylics (Golden) and softened with titanium buff. The words are the things that the AB yahoo group has provided for me (though it's been a while since I participated in a swap): dreams fulfilled, inspiration, joy. The last word is drawn into some Texture magic paste. The very first swap I ever participated in through the site was a technique swap. It was wonderful to see the work of other artists - everytime a new book came to my P.O. box I would huddle in the car and open the box right away because I couldn't wait to get home. It was the best treat, flipping through the pages, oohing and ahhing and thinking what I could do with that month's technique. I treasure the book that I got out of that swap, and enjoy flipping back through it to see the work of the talented and creative contributors. That fist technique swap got me on the road to altered art, and I am always thankful!

No comments: