Sunday, January 13, 2008

back again!


Amazing how times flies. And I get less productive. Terrible how our "real" jobs interrupt being creative and making art isn't it? My digital camera is on the fritz, so I've had difficulty photographing new work to post, but I will not be foiled. Hopefully I can get it fixed today. I'm trying not to be bogged down with the minutiae of daily life (bill paying, paper filing, etc.) that seems to sap all my artistic energy. Sprititually I'm trying to commit to some spiritual disciplines with a book called Spiritual Disciplines Devotional by Valerie E. Hess (IV Press). I've always been attracted to the practice of lectio divina, or devotional reading of the scriptures, but I've had real difficulty putting in the time to do it. Why is it so hard to carve out time for those activities we say we value so much? So I read and meditated on John 9, where the man born blind receives his sight, and I kept hearing "allow me to open your eyes." I don't yet know what that means, but I am hopeful that I can explore the implications for my personal life and my art. In what way do my eyes need to be opened? Here's an ATC I created last year.

No comments: